As the employer, you decide which training organisation you want to work with, guaranteeing the right support for the future career path of your chosen candidate.
Apprenticeship in Flooring - Textile & Impervious
Cskills Award Level 2 Diploma
We believe that working with CP Assessments will remove any uncertainty about the process of employing an apprentice as we will be there every step of the way to make sure that you receive all the support you need to make the right decision at every stage.
You will be appointed an apprenticeship advisor who will offer you advice and support about the scheme and will work with you to recruit by advertising your vacancy(s) if required through your local Learning Enterprise Partnership (LEP) in order to short list prospective candidate and provide you with the assurance that the final recruitment decision is completely yours.
Apprenticeships are currently categorised into three groups16-18 years-19-24 years and 25+ years and need to be living in England and not taking part in full-time education.
They will need to show that they are committed, and be aware of health and safety requirements within a working environment, they will require a level minimum level1 maths and English, as the ability to work out quantities and areas are vital components to this profession and have the ability to work as part of a team and display initiative.
Our apprenticeships offer a structured programme that takes the learner through the skills they need to do a job well, with inbuilt targets and checks to make sure that they continue to make the required progress throughout the lifetime of the apprenticeship.
Qualifications & certificates
On successful completion of the apprenticeship the learner leaves with the following qualifications and certificates:
- Level 2 Diploma in Floorcovering Occupations (Technical Certificate)
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Floorcovering Occupations
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths & English
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Construction Skills Health & Safety Test Pass
- Blue Skilled Worker CSCS Card
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual handling
- CSA L1Core01: Health safety and Welfare in construction and associated industries
- CSA L2Core04: Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- CSA L2Core05: Understanding construction technology
- CSA L2Occ88: Develop customer relationships
- CSA L2Occ89: Install resilient tile and sheet floorcoverings
- CSA L2Occ90: Install textile floorcoverings
- CSA L2Occ91: Prepare sub-floor surfaces to receive floorcoverings
- CSA L2Occ92: Set out for the laying of flooring
NVQ Level 2 units
- QCF300v2: Assessing and preparing background surfaces for floorcovering in the workplace
- QCF301v2: Preparing and fitting underlays for floorcoverings in the workplace
- QCF302v2: Setting out for laying floorcoverings in the workplace
- QCF303v2: Surface preparation to receive floorcoverings
- QCF307v2: Assisting and evaluating conditions for floorcoverings in the workplace
- QCF641: Conforming to General Health & Safety and Welfare in the workplace
- QCF642: Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- QCF643: Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- QCFICSD1: Develop customer relationships
- QCF304v2: Installing textile floorcoverings in the workplace
- QCF305v2: Installing resilient floorcoverings in the workplace
- QCF306v2: Installing timber-based floorcoverings in the workplace